||At An Wushu International Martial Arts School you can study Baji, Bagua, Xingyi, Shaolin Kung Fu, Pigua, Liuhe, Sanda and traditional Chinese wrestling. Classes run from Monday to Friday, with optional extra classes on Saturday and Sunday. Most of the training for international students will be conducted by An Jian Qiu as he is the schools headmaster. However, on occassions An Jian Qiu's father will also teach students.
One of the most important characteristics of An Wushu is that each student will receive personal training plans depending on his/her requirements. In addition every movement in every traditional form taught by the An family has an application these fighting applications should be learned with the form.
The following principles should be adhered to when studying and training at this school:
1. It has to look beautiful! Each movement from the forms must harmoniously combine hand, eye, body and leg movements. It should be natural.
2. Every movement has to be applicable in a real fight. And every movement or set of movements has to be variable, which means that depending on how your opponent attacks; each movement has to have several variations so you can adapt to the attacker’s movement. Special attention will be payed to these variations. Only in this way, the applications in traditional Kung Fu can be “flexible”, so that they can be used in a real fight!
3. Every martial art practiced at the school, every form and even every single movement has a principle that represents Chinese traditional culture. When one trains the An family’s Kung Fu, he or she will slowly learn more and more principles and gradually discover the true meaning of traditional Chinese Kung Fu. Through tough training, one will truly feel and respect the relationship between man, nature and the universe, which is the true purpose of learning Chinese Kung Fu.
Monday – Friday
NB:// If just studying sanda/Traditional wrestling 3:00-5:30 is also spent practicing basics and fight skills
- 6:30-8:30: Basics (stances, stretching etc. +style specific basics), body strengthening, body hardening
- 8:30-9:30: Breakfast and rest
- 9:30-12:00: Fight skills- Form applications, reflex training, traditional fighting, sanda sparring, traditional wrestling
- 12:00-3:00: Lunch and rest
- 3:00-5:30: Traditional forms (Baji, Bagua, Xingyi, Pigua, Shaolin, Liuhe etc. )
- 8:30-11:00: Fitness training and sparring Afternoon: Rest + Yiquan, taiji, qigong and meditation
All Day: Rest + Yiquan, taiji, qigong and meditation
NB:// You will be taught Yiquan, taiji, qigong and meditation basics/methods soon after arrival at the school, and will be expected to practice these by yourself during your Saturday and Sunday rest period to help your body to recover for the following week.
Private classes (to be booked on Mondays for the following week)
- Thursday: 7:30-9:30pm
- Sunday: 10:00-12:00pm