The School offers training in the traditional Emei Southern Fist as well as Sanda, practical self-defence, combat fighting and apprehension tatics. School classes are small to enusre quality learning. School management activity want you to have an unforgettable experience while training, and also while participating in the other activities available through the school. Is may include training with monks in mountain temples or making new friends while enjoying the rich culture and scenery of Chengdu. At this school your time with us will never get boring.
Masters Li Quan is the headmaster of the school. He is experienced in teaching foreign students and can also speak English. He is welcoming and dedicated to teaching his students to a high level.
The Location of the School in Chengdu, Sichuan province in the south of China is famous for panda's, bamboo forests, Emei mountain, spicy food and numerious beautiful and ancient historic sites well worth visiting and exploreing.
The Accommodation food and washing facilities are all provided on site as are telephone, mail and internet facilities. Students can have their own rooms off peak but maybe asked to share during busier times. At the weekend students are free to leave the school with permission and can explore the sites of Chengdu and Sichuan province.
The Management and day to day runining of this Martial Arts School is taken care of by Master Li Quan.
Master Li Quan is the head of the school. He is an experienced teacher of Chinese Wu Shu and is the eighth great disciple under Grandmaster Dai. Master Li Quan is a nationally recognized martial artist and respected member of the Chinese Wushu Association. Master Li Quan teaches Emei Southern Fist including sanda, wing chun and other local Emei styles. His is a wholesome approach to Chinese kung fu, which incorporates not only physical exercises, but also meditation techniques, combat strategies, nurturing Qi levels, mental exercises, studying how the body operates, medical knowledge, and learning about herbs and their healing effects.
Studying under Grandmaster Dai Kang, Li Quan attained Master level and started to teach more and more students, including an increasing number of foreigners. In 2005 Master Li Quan became Champion in the 78kg weight class of a provincial San Da Wu Shu Tournament. Master Li Quan has taught self-defence and martial arts techniques to airport and in-flight security, worked as an unarmed bodyguard in hostile environments, trained the Chinese police in self-defence and apprehension tactics as well as People's Liberation Army troops in hand-to-hand combat. Fluent in English he is a graduate in Leisure from the University.
During the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008 Master Li Quan became Head of Security for Olympic Torch Relay across the People’s Republic of China. He was made responsible for planning and logistics for the three-month tour across 37 cities. During the Olympics itself, he acted as Security Liaison between Holland House and the Beijing Public Security Bureau, helping to coordinate security for Dutch dignitaries, including the Prince and the Prime Minister.
Master Li Quan's achievements include:
• Security liaison during Beijing 2008 Olympics for the Holland House and coordinated security for Dutch dignitaries, including the Prince and Prime Minister Training Chinese police in combat fighting and apprehension tactics
• Training Airline Security guards in self-defense and martial arts techniques for airport and in-flight security
• Training People's Liberation Army troops in hand-to-hand combat
• Master – Kungfu Family School, Chengdu (2001 – Present)
• Master – Dai Shi Men School (1998 – 2000)
• Master – Emei Feilong Kungfu School (1997-1998)
• Champion – San Da Wu Shu Tournament, 78kg weight class (1996)
• Certified Master – Dai Shi Men Wu Shu Institute (1997)
• Certified Master – Chinese Gong Fu Research Academy (1995)
• Team Captain – Northeast China Regional;
• Amateur Wu Shu Team (1991)
Four one month-long intensive Training Camps are scheduled every year starting on the 1st of April, June, August and October. For these fixed dates all-inclusive camps there is a reduced fee of only 5,300 RMB (about 850 USD) for the entire month (including training, accommodation, food, additional activities). Class sizes for the Training Camps are limited to 10 students per class
Who can participate: Anyone who wants to come to China to experience traditional Kungfu training, with or without previous experience, whether you wish to build on existing skills or expand and try a new style.
Those who wish to come to China for intensive training during a short period are recommended to book during an all-inclusive Training Camp.
Camps cover: At least 4 hours per day of intensive Kungfu training. Use of all the training facilities any time of your choosing. Accommodation in fully furnished and comfortable double rooms (single rooms require an additional fee of 800 RMB). Three healthy and tasty home-cooked meals every day of the entire week. Free drinking water and tea. Wifi Internet in rooms and the school premises. All utility expenses, such as water and electricity. Additional activities and trainings, such as field trips and cultural training. A free pick-up service from the airport, bus or train station and a certified diploma upon completion of your program.
All-inclusive programs cover:
• At least 4 hours per day of customised
• Kungfu training in small groups and tailored to your individual needs and training objectives
• Use of all the training facilities any time of your choosing
• Accommodation in fully furnished and comfortable double rooms (single rooms require an additional fee of 800 RMB per month)
• Three healthy and tasty home-cooked meals every day of the entire week Free drinking water and tea
• Wifi Internet in rooms and the school premises
• All utility expenses, such as water and electricity
• Additional activities and trainings, such as field trips and cultural training
• A free pick-up service from the airport, bus or train station
• Certified diploma upon completion of your program
For people already residing in Chengdu and everybody coming who takes care of their own accommodation and food in Chengdu. Every training unit is 2 hours long and for students who are booking more training units at a time (30 or 80 units), there is a discount. You can then flexibly decide when to take the booked training units according to your own schedule and convenience.
10 Training Units:
• Regular: 170 RMB per training unit of 2 hours (at most 5 students in a group)
• One-to-one: 320 RMB per training unit of 2 hours (training alone with the master)
30 Training Units:
• Regular: 140 RMB per training unit of 2 hours (at most 5 students in a group)
• One-to-one: 280 RMB per training unit of 2 hours (training alone with the master)
80 Training Units:
• Regular: 110 RMB per training unit of 2 hours (at most 5 students in a group)
• One-to-one: 250 RMB per training unit of 2 hours (training alone with the master)
The school offers a specialised highly customised and intensive Instructor Course over a length of five months. To ensure the highest standards of teaching quality, all classes on the Instructor Course are limited to 6 students per year. This ensures enough one-on-one training time with Master Li.
Requirements for participants:
• Plan long-term training
• Plan to open a Kungfu school or work as a Kungfu instructor
• Have some experience in training Kungfu or other martial arts
• Be hard-working, enjoy the challenging aspects of Kungfu, and not be afraid of a hard workout
Training goals are:
• To teach a range of combat techniques
• To equip participants with the necessary teaching skills to further pass on the skills they have learned to new students
• Management of training teams
• Kungfu practical training and introduction into Kungfu theory
Fully flexible training times All-inclusive programs (including training, accommodation, food, additional activities) over a duration of five months 7,300 RMB per month
Application/Booking fee 25% Deposit
If you want to study at this School there is a combined application and booking fee of 25% of your planned stay. This should be paid prior to your arrival at the school to StudyMartialArts.Org. With StudyMartialArts.Org you can pay your application/booking fee via paypal or international bank transfer. The remainder of your fees must be paid direct to the school within 7 days of your arrival. If you wish to pay your full fee in advance of your arrival international bank transfer must be the method of payment used. Details will be provided on request.
Please note that live in student places at the School are limited in order to keep small class sizes and quality tuition. We advise long term students to budget for their Chinese Visa extensions. The cost of visa extensions will vary according to nationality and length of stay.
If you wish to leave the school a refund can be given based on the time you stayed at the school.
5 Month Instructor Course - 7,300 CNY per month
|1 Month||$ 940||$ 940|
|2 Months||$ 940||$ 1,880|
|3 Months||$ 840||$ 2,520|
|4 Months||$ 840||$ 3,360|
|5 Months||$ 840||$ 4,200|
|6 Months||$ 840||$ 5,040|
|7 Months||$ 840||$ 5,880|
|8 Months||$ 840||$ 6,720|
|9 Months||$ 840||$ 7,560|
|10 Months||$ 840||$ 8,400|
|11 Months||$ 840||$ 9,240|
|12 Months||$ 770||$ 9,240|
|1st year||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year|